Thank You For Your InterestExplore a career with AWP, one of LA County's most innovative after school enrichment programs. AWP seeks dynamic, creative individuals with a passion for making a difference in the lives of children. Available positions are detailed below.
All positions will be open until filled.
Applicants should submit a résumé, cover letter, and references to:
Aspires West Pasadena
c/o Dr. Jacqueline Jacobs, President CEO
444 N. Orange Grove Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91103
Employment Type: Part Time
Hours: Monday - Thursday, (4 hr a day - 16 hr per week)
Start Date: August 28, 2017
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or assigned supervisor, the following are assigned:
- Oversee the Office / Program Operations (Plan, Organize, Implement)
- Prepare and maintain appropriate records
- Assist in assigning Volunteers as appropriate to assist with office, coach, & tutor students
- Assist with Calendar & Scheduling of Programs
- Monitor safety and make recommendations to CEO pertaining to Site maintenance . Assist with preparing policies and practices to maintain good working rapport among Staff, Volunteers, and Board . To maintain a harmonious, cordial, and friendly relationship with all Parents / Students, knowing them by name . Focusing on good time management, providing snacks as appropriate before daily sessions . Scheduling and attending monthly parent meetings.
- Assist in Computer Lab as needed.
- Perform other duties as needed.
A High School Diploma is required - some college and /or teaching experience and prior work with youth preferred.
Send a cover letter indicating your qualifications and ability to perform the duties and responsibilities along with contact information of two (2) references no later than August 5, 2017.